Friday, April 30, 2010

*Everyday Chatter

The Times visits Freddy's for a last call. Bloomberg's muscle wins again. [NYT]

The man who gave birth to the Anthora, the city's iconic Greek coffee cup, has died. Let's hope his cups don't vanish with him. [NYT]

Take a look at ABC No Rio Dinero. [EVG]

After the fire, 283 Grand comes down. [BB]

Patti Smith stopped by St. Mark's Books, made some recommendations. [SMB]

What's to become of the Limelight? This bus ad tells you everything you need to know about what to find there and who will be there:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah,

I hope you're a generally happy person IRL. You live in the time you live for no reason other than chance. That's just the way it is. We pick our battles, but in the end, there is only so much we can do. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. It's a great blog and I commend you for providing me and my brethren with a keen awareness of nostalgic longing, but I just hope you're not always down on your hometown. There are worse places to live, and if not, well, "give it back to the Indians!"

Take care.

Jeremiah Moss said...

thanks, and there are plenty of worse places to live, this is very true!

Caleo88 said...

Although I'm sure the 1st post meant well, PLEASE continue doing what you're doing. It's important. Although I've only been here since 1988, I feel a constant sense of loss in respect to the enormity of what's been lost in this town. I guess my love of New York is too strong for the sadness to ever go away.I don't let it rule my existence, but it's there. And what you do helps alleviate it in some small measure. Reading the other blogs you link to and identifying with the others who post responses helps take away a bit of the sting.
Keep up the tireless struggle, it's all worth it.

Jeremiah Moss said...

thanks Caleo. i think i'm too compulsive to stop, for now.