Thursday, August 26, 2010

*Everyday Chatter

Fedora's new owner: "I'm already bracing myself for the criticism that I'm going to get. People are going to say, 'It's not like Fedora, Fedora looked nothing like this.' ... I'm choosing to keep the name because it's a great name. I'm keeping the bar because it's brilliant, the original bar from 1917. Aside from that, it's now our restaurant." [Esquire]

The saga of Shepard Fairey's mural comes to a close. [EVG]

Evidence that sometimes people still use payphones--for what they were made for. [EVC]

Remembering Johnny Thunders. [COS]

A parting shot of the gorgeous Gordon Novelty. [GVDP]

If you haven't watched them yet, these mini-docs of city people are great. [13]

Williamsburg hipsters, MTV wants you: "Do you own skinny jeans, old school chucks, cabbie hat, the 70's vest, an ironic t shirt or hat, a fitted sweater, flannel shirt, or chunky lens-less glasses? Do you drink PBR, have an ironic mustache, have a blog that allows you to post pictures you took with your digital camera? ... Smoke Parliaments? Got any cool tattoos? Perhaps one of a star, maybe on your wrist or elbow? Own a vintage dress or have an awesome beard?" [Craigslist]




6 comments:

Marty Wombacher said...

"Aside from that, it's now our restaurant"

Yikes.

Ken Mac said...

your hipster description is hilarious.
Thanks for the link. Close up pics tomorrow.

Jeremiah Moss said...

not my hipster description--MTV's hipster description!

fifilaru said...

What's with the star tattoos? I get most of the hipster jive, bu I live on Maui and I am out of the loop.

Mark said...

not so big a surprise about Fedora, huh?

Jeremiah Moss said...

no, it's not.