Friday, February 19, 2010

*Everyday Chatter

Success! The people of Little Italy beat back the Shake Shack. [Eater]

...and someone on the pro-Shack side makes the time-worn "Better Than a Bank" argument in its "Better Than a Starbucks Or Pharmacy" flavor. We've heard that one many times before. [Eater]

EV vintage lives at Metropolis. [EVG]

From the benefit for Mosaic Man Jim Power. [SG]

One of the more offensive Stupid ads:


Eater visits the Blarney Cove on 14th St. [Eater]

Complaining about jerks at the gym: "They sit on equipment after they’re done and daydream." [CR]

StuyTowners chuck their used maxi-pads into the trees. [STLL]

5 comments:

Laura Goggin Photography said...

Regarding the stupid ad, when I read it, I imagined that to be a direct quote from the ad firm rep. That would explain a lot.

Jill said...

Oops I just realized I posted my comment on the 2008 Blarney Cove post. No time like the present.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why you think the ad campaign is stupid. I think you're projecting onto it. And: You still haven't disclosed for whom you do "marketing writing." Could that be a euphemism for advertising copywriting? As in, this same sort of thing?

Jeremiah Moss said...

now who's projecting?

Ken Mac said...

that is a certain kind of gym goer, but I will keep my yap shut lest I be accused.