Tuesday, October 23, 2007

*Everyday Chatter

I went by to check out the CBGB gutting the other day, but all I found were these giddy Chase suits, deliriously shoving flyers in my face and announcing that "a new Chase is coming," like it's cause for celebration.


pic from my flickr

Remember the old Second Avenue Deli and welcome in the new with the Lebewohl family. [NY Times]

This may have finally been the final weekend for the endangered Red Hook ballfield vendors. [Gothamist]

Cooper Union has sold the remaining soul of Bowery between 5th and 6th to the Cooper Square Hotel moguls. What does this mean for the Federalist building at #35 and what about Hettie Jones? [Daily Intel] [JVNY]

Something's going up in the empty lot on East 13th [Curbed]. Here's a peek behind the wooden fence -- whatever's coming will blot out the graffitied Dominican flag and no doubt contribute to the blotting out of the Dominican people in the neighborhood. Unless, of course, it's affordable housing (cue the evil madman laugh).


more pics on my flickr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The CBGB demolition?
Are they tearing the building down?

(Love your blog by the way, I just found it about a week ago. You do some great work here. Thanks for keeping the reminders of the past NYC alive for us to read about...

Jeremiah Moss said...

thanks! i should change demo to "gutting."

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see the 2nd avenue deli reincarnated as the 3rd avenue deli! I like this story of perserverance.

(from a different anonymous reader!)