Monday, April 18, 2011

*Everyday Chatter

Gatsby house demolished. [Curbed]

Is this Mars Bar's death rattle before demolition? [EVG]

Meet the real Winnie the Pooh at the NYPL. [SNY]

In Williamsburg: "Bars beget more bars. When an area becomes a scene, the laws of supply and demand that would seemingly regulate the number of suppliers goes out the window. Diversification of neighborhood retail becomes threatened because successful bars can afford higher rents." [CNY]

A lovely shot of the Queen of Queens. [NYS]

What's left of old Sans Souci? [GLF]

Not-evil pink stuff. [TGL]

Meet Manhattan, an interview with the cocktail. [GAF]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across this blog, and thank you so much for it. I left NY for Ireland a few years ago and Just moved back last week, so much is gone! I will say this I am happy to have used the "mens room" at CBs, hooked up with a fat goth at Mars bar, ate a burger at Mchales, been kiched out of Rudy's one saw a hooker try to pick up a cop at Smiths and did lines in the chapel in the old Limelight, as well as many other bad things in new york institutions that are now long gone. I hae my memories, but its a shame some people will never know the same. That being said, Im heading to Jimmy's corner right now for a drink before its closed as well. Have you guys done a piece on Jimmy's? You should

Jeremiah Moss said...

you've got quite a record. and Jimmy's is a good one, for sure:

http://vanishingnewyork.blogspot.com/2010/10/jimmys-corner.html

Anonymous said...

Great piece on Jimmy's, its a wonderful place. Yeah I had a good run. I was lucky enough (I dont know if luck is the right word) in the the late 90's to be the night manager at Palace adult video on the corner on 46th and 8th across from McHale's. Man the stuff I got to witness was always a joy. Keep up the good work my man, Ill keep reading.