Friday, August 5, 2011

P&G Closing (Again)

After being tragically booted from its celebrated 66-year space, then surviving in a new location and closing temporarily in May for restructuring, it looks like the P&G Bar & Grill is now shuttering for good.

Says the fourth-generation owner on his Facebook page: "P&Gs will be closing on August 16th.Cant get past some old demons(and some old debt)thank you everyone, and my sincerest apologies to you all and all the musicians>I rode the old horse hard as she could go, and now shes tired and needs some rest.hope to be able to see you all sometime soon,on either side of the bar(like usual lmao) Thanks for the music and the love.drink up and think happy thoughts."

Raise a glass and say goodbye--one more time.


the original P&G

Recent P&G History:
January 2009: Shuttered after 66 years
April 2009: Gutted
May 2009: Opened in new location
May 2011: Closed for restructuring

4 comments:

Mykola ( Mick) Dementiuk said...

Raise a glass? No, lift a few bottles cause there's nothing left for us to do, we'll be swept out with the trash and very shortly, too. So guzzle up...glug glug glug

EV Grieve said...

Could never bring myself to go to the new space.

Difficult to "think happy thoughts" these days as the city is quickly vanishing...

Marty Wombacher said...

The P&G was my first hangout when I moved here. At my last stop at the new place Steve told me that they still had the old sign and were trying to raise enough money to restore it. I guess that's not going to happen now. A Subway or Chipotle will probably move in. Depressing.

Anonymous said...

My band was supposed to play there on Aug. 27th. They have a really nice PA system and the soundman was really good. I enjoyed playing there. I hope it's a false alarm like the last time. Somehow, I doubt it.
Sad.....very, very sad.