Tuesday, November 23, 2010

*Everyday Chatter

Major Polonia overhaul planned by new owner--at least he's in the family. [Eater]

Check out vanished music venues of the city. [WNYC]

"A New Yorker is someone who longs for New York, and looks askance at the Americans flooding in these days, that unstoppable wave." [LOM]

Keith Haring designs on baby bibs at Duane Reade. Enough said. [BB]

Coney businesses considering crappy compromise. [Gothamist]

Realize your dream to open a bookstore-cafe on the LES. [EVG]

Don't bother seeing Bright Lights, Big City. [FP]

2 comments:

Laura Goggin Photography said...

I noticed Polonia did some redecorating recently and wondered if something was up. I thought it looked nicer, so I hope things improve for them, although the food was fine as it was.

Eric said...

I loved the still photo of East 14 street from Bright Lights Big City. I would love to see more photos of that street from that era.