Monday, July 16, 2007

oh Chumley's we love you get up

VANISHED (for now?): April 2007



Chumley's of Greenwich Village closed recently due to collapse. News has it, the classic speakeasy will be renovated and reopened. Cross your fingers it returns to its former glory, shown here.


more pics on my flickr

Lana Turner has collapsed!
I was trotting along and suddenly
it started raining and snowing
and you said it was hailing
but hailing hits you on the head
hard so it was really snowing and
raining and I was in such a hurry
to meet you but the traffic
was acting exactly like the sky
and suddenly I see a headline
LANA TURNER HAS COLLAPSED!
there is no snow in Hollywood
there is no rain in California
I have been to lots of parties
and acted perfectly disgraceful
but I never actually collapsed
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
--Frank O'Hara

1 comment:

JoniDawn said...

Oh, Jeremiah..Thank You so much! The more I explore your site, the more interesting it gets (despite the inherent sadness). Truly "A New Yorker is one who longs for New York".