Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Own a Piece of Lucky Cheng's

You can own a piece of Lucky Cheng's. As you may already know, the East Village Lucky Cheng's has moved to Times Square. Now they're selling off some of the drag bar's relics before it turns into the next hip whatever lounge.

There are many booths and chairs, tables, and bar/kitchen equipment up for grabs. But the best item has to be the $150 "Tiki canoe." God only knows what went on in that boat.


What I want to know is: Are there any artifacts leftover from the sex club days? Or does that canoe go way back? (Seriously, click this link.)

See more on the sale at Flickr and Lucky Cheng's Facebook page.

5 comments:

EV Grieve said...

I could have used the tiki canoe trying to get home on Oct. 29.

gonzobear said...

I will sadly miss that part of nyc scene history. I was taking photos of scene parties back in the 80's. I still have photos of the LSM naked swim party in the pool in the basement spa.

vzabuser said...

I believe the Lucky Cheng was previously a S/M themed restaurant, Justine, that had moved from their original Chelsea 23rd st location. Before that...historians?
remember Roger's Gardens, next door - it was on an NBC sitcom in the 80's.

Anonymous said...

vzabuser,
that was Nouvelle Justine. I think the second incarnation. Not that I went there—only heard that the B&T crowd frequented it and it sounded, to this vanilla person, like an unpleasant place to go to if you weren't really into being humiliated.

Anonymous said...

I missed Cave Canem, but not this tourist trap. It should have moved to midtown a long time ago. yuck!