Friday, September 24, 2010

*Everyday Chatter

We got a note from the Anonymous who scribbled "No McNally" on the walls of Village Paper: "I'm just a local person who is sick to death of how this neighborhood has been f'd up. When I have a dog to walk, I also throw bags of poop into the doorways of Marc Jacobs and Ralph Lauren stores. Haven't had the opportunity lately."

photo from Eater

More good stuff for fans of Max's Kansas City. [Stupefaction]

Is Pearl Paint about to vanish? [CR]

Grieve's readers offer some creative names for the new, rebranded Aces & 8s. [EVG]

Now you can buy an entire block of Canal Street, knock it down, and put up something glassy and depressing. [BB]

Remember when everybody hated the Twin Towers? [FP]

Talking with a Moscot--Franco wears their glasses in Howl. [TLD]

7 comments:

EV Heave said...

Throwing poop at Marc Jacobs doorways?

Passive aggressive. I approve!

EV Grieve said...

And we need a name for the poop thrower. Like, the Bleecker BM bandit. Or something.

Jeremiah Moss said...

oh, yes, a name is good. every vigilante who prowls by night needs a name. he (or she) is like Batman. The Batman of Bleecker?

Laura Goggin Photography said...

The news about Pearl Paint makes me nervous. They consolidated the frame shop into the main store on Canal a while ago, but then suddenly stopped selling the supplies I use regularly. I keep going back, asking about it and they just tell me they are looking for another supplier....sounds fishy to me and this has been going on for 2-3 months. I hope they don't close.

EV Grieve said...

The Scatman of Bleecker?

BaHa said...

Moscot stopped taking union plans; no more Moscot glasses for me, sadly. Loved that place.

Anonymous said...

its disgusting that the people on this blog think its ok to throw shit around. i wonder if most of the commentors are still in jr. high school. marc is not the problem, you are. your all creeps.