Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Evolution of a Wall

In May 2009, Mr. Brainwash bombed the Meatpacking District with paste-ups, including these large side-by-side portraits of Madonna and Angelina Jolie.


May 2009, my flickr

Not everybody in the graffiti/street art world cares for Mr. Brainwash. By September, the faces were faded and torn. They were also doodled on, mustached, and dickchickened.




September 2009, my flickr

Brainwash replaced them with fresh faces--this time double Madonnas. By December, the material girls were sprayed with splashes of pink paint and declared "FAKE."


December 2009, my flickr

Today, they serve as the foundation for a chaotic collage--a revolutionary clown, a starling, a quote from Elbow Toe...



And the Brainwash bits were torn to shreds. And then?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a "street artist" and you worship celebrity? How lame.

Barbara L. Hanson said...

No more merit to this than to the giant Harrison Ford head.

Some Other Guy said...

I like the John Lennon bit.

Anonymous said...

I find the second to last one the most creepy and interesting. It's the panda. Makes me want to see more street art evolutions like this. - BN