More News from the Yunnipocalypse:
- That Shopaholic movie? Such bad timing. Even the Post doesn't like it: "Lightning-strike victims, coma-ward residents and US magazine readers, here is a movie for you."
- Marc Jacobs and John Varvatos cancel their annual parties. The former CBGB will not be rocking this season.
- News Shrink explains why the recession is good for narcissists--all those yunnies who "believe they are special and unique and that there shouldn’t be any limits on what they can have."
- Yunnies delight in blaming their bad behavior on the recession.
- The glam and glassy Way West Village is overrun by hookers and drug dealers.
Thanks to the commenter who recalled that Day-O used to be La Marionetta. A search turned up this lovely photo from 1987. Let's hope whoever takes over leaves that antique chrome:
from westvillagebob's flickr
Philip Seymour Hoffman films on Orchard. [BB]
The vanishing cityscape immortalized forever on a cool tattoo. [EVG]
The P&G tries to hang on to some of its old neon sign. [CR]
Are you an anti-Valentite? Spend Valentine's Day enjoying the Post-Apocalypse film festival at Freebird Books.
Gowanus area Jewish Press Building for sale [TRD] ...another picturesque structure to vanish from this enchanting industrial area: