Friday, October 24, 2008

Kim's on 1st Opens

Though the signs said yesterday was the grand opening, the big day is in fact today. There are festive balloons outside and everything inside (except accessories) is 30% off.



You might notice those Love Guru posters have been taken out of the window. The selection here is a Kim's selection, clearly geared toward smarties and cinephiles. They have an enticing Documentary section, where you will find some of my faves, like The Corporation and Grey Gardens.



Organized in true Kim's fashion, the movies are sorted according to director and genre--if genre includes Noir, Experimental, and, you might be happy to know, as I was, Sexploitation.

Also, oddly enough, the cashiers are friendly and smiley.

Remember, there are no more rentals in the Kim's universe. So go to the new Kim's and buy some movies. They also have vinyl and CDs.



The Kim's on 1st Saga:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice call on the corporation. one of the best and scariest things i have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

I saw handwritten notices at the rental desk of the St. Mark's Place Kim's that said they will continue to do rentals (which seemed to contradict the public notice saying there would no longer be rentals). For what it's worth, I asked the clerk for clarification, and he said Kim's would be renting video "um, hopefully, forever."

Jeremiah Moss said...

that's odd. how can they continue renting after they leave the mondo space in january? ...the mystery deepens...

Anonymous said...

LAST DAY FOR THE 30% OFF SALE DUBBED " I WANT MY 30% OFF SALE" AT KIM'S ON FIRST AVENUE IS SUNDAY 12/07/08.

I love the new Kim's location. It's very clean and welcoming. Also, the staff there are very friendly and courteous.

Anonymous said...

Sad to see Mondo Kim's evaporate. However, the new "SALES ONLY" location at First Ave. seems much more promising. I was there last Friday, and couldn't help myself with their huge array of BLURAY titles. They have Caligula on bluray! I also browsed the documentary section and picked up my copy of Mein Kampf. Where else would I get it from? Netflush! As a collector of Sexploitation, avant-garde and classic horror films the Kims at first avenue is destined to be my new home!